Bisecting an angle with ruler and compass
Stroke bisect an angle with straightedge and compass
The Geometric Drawing in Multimedia
An angle bisector is the semi-straight, which originates at the vertex of the angle, which divides it into two congruent angles, this animation is part of the educational program The Geometric Drawing in Multimedia.
Compass is a design tool that makes arcs and circles. It also serves to solve some geometric problems.
Charting bisect an angle with straightedge and compass
- Trace an arc with the center on the vertex of the given angle, point A, and find B and C;
- Without changing the radius, trace an arc with center in B;
- Without changing the radius, draw an arc with center in C to find D;
- With the ruler, trace a segment by connecting A and D;
- The segment AD is the bisector of the angle BAC;
- BAD ≡ DAC